For our international partner based in Basel, we are looking for a qualified and motivated Procurement Delivery Manager for a temporary contract of 6 months with a possible extension.
The Delivery capability covers the core procurement activities from category management, strategic and operational sourcing, supplier management, content strategy definition, and execution. The Delivery capability comprises many communities grouping categories of the same value chain or having commonality. The communities are key enablers of strong category expertise while allowing flexibility in the procurement delivery response to the evolving needs of our customers. This position is part of the Research & Development Procurement team reporting into the Procurement Delivery Lead - Research & Lab.
- Category and sourcing subject matter specialist conducting market and internal analysis to develop and implement strategies and tactical plans to source and negotiate for third-party goods and services that satisfy stakeholder requirements
- Procurement practitioner delivering and executing sourcing strategies by leveraging spend, category know-how, robust sourcing, negotiation, contracting, supplier management, and project management skills to achieve objectives and key results
- Content and automation advocate translating sourcing outcomes and opportunities into content and automated buying channels that improve business adoption, satisfaction, and overall efficiency
Nice to Haves
- A university degree, with a business degree preferable
- 3-5+ years of experience in strategic sourcing, category strategy building, operational efficiency projects, and strategic project execution with general contracting understanding and proficiency or relevant commodity experience
- Proven capability in negotiating project budget, managing catalogs for Research & Lab incl. price negotiations, and/or sourcing of Lab Equipment & Maintenance
- Experience in procurement systems and operational processes such as contracting, (e)Sourcing, and spot buying
- Knowledge and experience in the Research & Lab Category (primarily Lab Equipment & Maintenance and Lab Chemicals & Consumables) and awareness of adjacent commodities
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to work with colleagues across procurement, business, and the broader organization to broaden knowledge and expertise, better understand customer needs, and connect the dots
- Business level fluency in English and German
- The ability to explain complex or higher complexity capability information to others or collect/translate moderate complexity stakeholder requirements in situations requiring alignment and consensus
- Being able to work in a team environment with cross collaboration
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking
- Acting as an enterprise thinker and leveraging knowledge and expertise to create solutions for business customers by proactively fostering collaboration, including across the procurement network
- Being action-oriented and able to make decisions and influence others to do the same; repurpose work and ideas in favor of starting from scratch
- Demonstrating curiosity, active listening, and a willingness to experiment and test new ideas when appropriate, focusing on continuous learning and improvement
- Being open-minded and inclusive, generously sharing ideas and knowledge while being receptive to ideas and feedback from others
Are you interested? Do not hesitate and submit your complete application documents online today.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, social orifin, religion/belief, age or identity.
We also process applications by post, but will not return them for administrative reasons. We look forward to hearing from you!