For our international partner, Roche Glycart AG based in Zürich Schlieren, we are looking for a qualified and motivated Associate in Display Technologies for 12 months with option for extension.
In Roche´s Pharmaceutical Research and Early Development organisation (pRED), we make transformative medicines for patients in order to tackle some of the world’s toughest unmet healthcare needs. At pRED, we are united by our mission to transform science into medicines. Together, we create a culture defined by curiosity, responsibility and humility, where our talented people are empowered and inspired to bring forward extraordinary life-changing innovation at speed.
Roche Innovation Center Zurich (RICZ) is pRED’s Center of Excellence for Cancer Immunotherapy with a multinational team of around 185 employees. We focus on discovery, engineering, and technical development of next generation protein-based therapeutics and our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
To strengthen our enthusiastic and highly motivated Display Technologies Group, we are looking for a talented Senior Research Associate. As part of the Large Molecule Research (LMR) department in the Roche Innovation Center Zurich, we are committed to the generation of antibody libraries and focus on selection, screening, and characterization of therapeutic antibodies and proteins using in vitro display technologies.
- Design in vitro selection strategies (i.e. phage display and ribosomal display) and conduct experiments for the successful identification of antibody candidates
- Use state-of-the-art automation equipment for screening promising antibody clones and are responsible for the further characterization of the candidates using protein-protein interactions (ELISA, SPR, FACS, etc.)
- You are familiar with the biochemical characterization of proteins (WB, PAGE, DotBlot, etc.)
- Process, analyze, and compile all data of identified binder candidates
- Write laboratory reports and present your results to other team members and project teams
- Continuously improve current processes and procedures and help to implement new technologies
Nice to Haves
- Master Degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry or Biological Sciences
- 2-3 years working experience as an associate in the pharma industry
- Hands on laboratory expertise in molecular biology
- Good understanding and practical experience in in vitro selection (e.g. phage display, ribosome display, etc.)
- High degree of self-motivation, flexibility, and scientific curiosity
- Teamplayer, proactive, driven
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a must
- Practical knowledge in SPR, FACS and /or automation would be a plus
Are you interested? Do not hesitate and submit your complete application documents online today.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, social origin, religion/belief, age or identity.
We also process applications by post, but will not return them for administrative reasons. We look forward to hearing from you!